First I want to thank all my readers for sticking with me even though it has been four weeks since my last update. The last couple of weeks were a killer because of finals, meetings, and placement tests. I am completely exhausted. But now I am a senior in high school!! I am so excited!
Now that school is over, I am going to squeeze every last bit of summer fun I can get out of these next couple months. The overall stress of school, sports, and an active social life has made me realize that I need to slow down and relax, both mentally and physically.
I know that many people feel the same way as I do, tired and stretched out, but don’t have the luxury of a summer vacation, or a long vacation at all. It is very important for everyone to engage in activities that relax the mind and body in order to maintain a happy and a healthy life. Here are some easy and non-time consuming activities that you can incorporate into your daily life. I use these exercises everyday to help relax myself and find inner peace.
1. Meditate for 5 to 10 minutes in a comfortable spot with relaxing music. It is best to meditate in the morning.
2. Stretch or do yoga before you start your day.
3. Exercise for 20 to 40 minutes. Surprisingly, when you exercise you feel more energized and your mind clears. I find that the best time to exercise is in the afternoon. That way you can release the pent up energy you stored up from all day working.
4. Talking with your friends and laughing. Laughing is so important for a healthy psyche. It relieves stress and lightens your overall mood.
5. Take a walk around your local park. Look closely at the nature around you. Listen to the birds and animals, immerse yourself within nature and let it engulf your senses. It is so relaxing and tranquil.
6. Dance to your favorite music.
7. Try something new. Whether it is trying a new dish or just jumping into a random stream, new situations allow us to feel new sensations and feel fresh and adventurous.
8. Read a book outside in the sun. You get you Vitamin D and a tan as you calm and enrich your mind.
9. Talk to strangers. Meeting with new people can be so refreshing and they may have some really interesting stories!
10. Reward yourself with something you have been wanting for a while.
I hope you can incorporate these activities into your daily life! Have a nice day!